Cardio exercise machine workouts are great and fun for burning excess body fat and building good cardiovascular health. These exercises not only help to burn body fat quickly, they will also strengthen your heart and lungs; thus reducing your chances of getting high blood pressure, stroke and heart diseases. Regular cardio exercises can also reduce bad cholesterol and raise the level of good cholesterol, further improving cardiovascular health.
With that being said, are you getting the most out of your cardio machine workouts? Are you using the cardio workout machines efficiently to gain maximum benefits of the exercises? Well, probably not if you are an average gym user without a personal trainer to guide you. So you will probably commit common cardio machine mistakes when exercising. Now we will examine the more popular cardio workout machines and the common mistakes people commit when using these machines for their workouts.
Common mistakes when using cardio workout machines:
- Step up stair climber
– This is perhaps the most common mistake for this machine is almost invariably, when people exercising with this machine will rest their arms on the railing. By doing so, the railing now becomes sort of like a crutch as it will support some of your body weight, making the exercise less intensive.
– The treadmill is perhaps the most popular piece of cardio workout machine in the gym. A careful observation will show that many treadmill users run with too much up and downs. This mistake will wear out the person’s ankle and knee joints over time. The correct method is to take long, smooth and purposeful strides during the exercise.
- Stationery Bike
– When exercising on the stationery bike, do adjust the height of the seat to a comfortable level. I really don’t understand why many stationery bike users adjust their seats to be either too high or too low. I mean, why be uncomfortable when exercising when you can be comfortable. The more comfortable the ride, the harder and longer you can go.
- When the seat is too low, it adds strain to your knees and spine. When too high, your will butt will rock from side to side. So besides not getting the best from your cardio workout on the stationery bike because your body weight will be involved when you peddle, you will also look weird. It is such a silly workout mistake right?
- Another common mistake I often see is stationery bikers reading a book when exercising. That means that they exercise at a very low intensity level. Hey, how can low intensity cardio exercises work your heart and lung effectively? Obvious exceptions would be injury or doctors instructions.
- Elliptical Trainer
– This is also another bewildering common cardio workout mistake. You use the elliptical trainer to tone your body and to exercise for your cardiovascular fitness right? Then why is it I often see people who use the elliptical trainer exercising at a high speed? So what is the mistake? The mistake is that they have set the resistant level too low.
- You see, if you do not puff, pant and breakout in sweat, you are not getting the best out of your cardio exercises. Is it any wonder then that people are not losing weight and not improving on their cardiovascular health even when they are doing their cardio exercises regularly?
Now that you know how to avoid these common cardio machine exercise workout mistakes, you can now head for the gym and get the best out of these exercises. In a very short time, you will see your body toning up nicely, improvement on your cardio health being felt and visibly losing excess body fat.
If you have any medical issues or are unsure, please talk to a doctor before starting any new workout routine.
As always, if you want to learn more about which cardio products that may help you with your cardio journey, checkout all of the great equipment and accessories Amazon has to offer here.